Thursday, November 15, 2007

I honestly am not too concerned about the presidential election that is about to happen in the coming year. Could be because I have no interest in politics or the government and thinking about it just bores me to death. I do think it is very interesting though that we actually have a female candidate running and an african american running. That is what catches my eye first rather than we have an election coming up. This result could be from how our former president, George Bush, has lead our country in the past 8 years and dealing with the war in Iraq.
After all the criticism George Bush has recieved from the press, the next president really has a huge hole to fill. The issues that he faced in our society were never solved or dealt with therefore they are just set aside for the next president. I really dont know what issues the candidates for the 2008 election are pushing to be solved but i know that whoever is elected has a lot of ground to cover. I think it is ridiculous how big the media thinks how important it is that everyone should vote for something. If people like me vote for something they really do not pay attention to or are not very knowledgable about, then their really isnt a purpose for everyone's vote to count. I do think it is important to vote for who you feel would make a great president but honestly voting to me is a little overrated.

No comments: