Tuesday, September 25, 2007

B-Jones......

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give a little bit of information about my life and the journey I have taken to get where Im at today.

My name is Brittany Jones and I was born and raised in the busy city of Dallas, TX. My parents were also born and raised there so decided to stay there to raise our wonderful family. I am an only child, not by choice, but I did have some part to do with why that is. Im extremely close to both of my parents and you could say that I was raised half girl - half boy. Not in a weird way or anything but my interests and values are a product of both of my parents.

I have always been involved in outside activities such as dancing, cheerleading, recreational sports, shopping, babysitting kids, and doing activities with friends. Dancing is my passion and the reason that Im in the place I am now. I have been dancing since I could walk and havent stopped since. The places that it has taken me are amazing and the things Ive learned from having this special talent are mindblowing.

After high school, I decided to further my dancing career through college and attended McClennan Community College in the small city of Waco, TX. Knowing that my time there was limited, I took advantage of every second I had to dance at apperances and games. As my second year was dwindling down, it was time to decide if I wanted to stop going to school, accept my Associates Degree in Arts and Sciences and seek a job that was going to be acceptable for me or further my dancing career and get a Bachelors Degree at a different college.

After checking out different college dance teams and programs and talking about it with my parents, I came to the conclusion that my passion for dance was too deep to close that chapter in my life. Thats when I decided to make the biggest decision of my life and move out of my comfort zone and into the world of responsiblity. I made the 3x National Hip Hop Champion dance team at the University of Cincinnati that year and decided to pursue my dream of becoming a National Champion while getting a degree.

I am now a 5th senior at UC and in my third year on the dance team. I wouldnt change my decision for anything in the world because the things that I have learned in this entire year outweigh everything I could have learned if I didnt pursue my dream. I have more best friends than before, more responsiblity for myself, maturity and strength in everyday decisions, organizational skills, and a second mom (my coach). Unfortuantly, I had to make a REALLY hard decision about my future and how successful I want to be and made the confident decision to focus on school instead on dancing. I had to leave the dance team around the end of winter quarter to keep my studies first and put my dancing career behind me. I still love EVERYTHING about the dance team and everyone on it but my future is more important to me than having this hobby take over my life.

I live in Mt Lookout in a fabulous apartment with a girl who was previously on the dance team. For money, I work at Cincinnati Tan in Hyde Park and love everything about it. I never thought tanning could be so serious to people but boy was I wrong. Seeing the same people come in a get their tan on EVERYDAY is amazing to me. They definatly are what we call TANarexic. I am majoring in Journalism but really want to be more on the Broadcasting side. My goal for my future is to be on the field of a Monday Night Football game, interview the players about their performance in front of America while reporting for ESPN.

Im a die hard Notre Dame fan and of course Texas Football. I love to watch the Cowboys play every Sunday if I can but i miss watching it with my dad most of all. We talk and catch up with sports every weekend and he gives me the 411 on anything and everything sports.

No comments: