Wednesday, October 10, 2007

When it comes to blogging, i dont really feel that it is considered an actual type of writing. There are so many newspapers, magazines, and television stations that preview news and tell the public what is going on in the world. I dont feel that blogging really gives that extra message across to someone differently than how they interpreted it already.
Blogging to me is kind of a waste of time because i feel that there are better things to do with your time than read about some opinion someone has about something. I dont really know a whole lot about blogs but from what i researched just a few minutes ago about it, it doesnt really catch my eye to be newsworthy and interesting.
I do know there are blogs that many celebrities have and they actually keep them updated everyday. There are even many business savy people who use blogs to keep interested parties up to date on their everyday lives or in the know with a new idea they want to share. I think this is a little different in terms of keeping the fans happy and sharing personal things that they dont share in the news.
In technical terms, I dont really believe that bloggers should be considered journalists because they really arent writing for a particular company or keeping the story as accurate as they should. I know there is an opinion section in most newspapers but i feel that most bloggers just share their opinions about topics rather than give the facts. I particulary dont care to read someone elses opinion on something unless i am doing a report or need that information for a project. I discovered that many people do like to read others blogs about their lives or just discuss popular topics but to me I would rather be more productive and find something else to do with my time.

No comments: